Applications are now being accepted for the 2014 Summer Camp Staff at Rancho Alegre. Initial application period will close on January 31, 2014 and successive Saturdays. Interviews may be conducted beginning on February 1st at the Scout-O-Rama. There are openings for aquatics, shooting sports, nature, Scoutcraft, and Government. Our theme next year will emphasis Preparing for Life and there will be a number of merit badges emphasizing career opportunities, such as medicine, law, automotive mechanic, etc.
It should be noted that Rancho Alegre Aquatics Staff applicants must have or be willing to attend the Rancho Alegre Lifeguard Academy. We do not consider applicants who have completed Lifeguard courses at other Scout Camps or outside agencies.
Dates for Staff are listed below. Please be sure that you are capable of attending all training and sessions before applying.
2014 Staff Schedule
- Lifeguard Academy (Aquatics Staff Only) - Monday, June 15 thru Friday, June 19
- Staff Training Basic First Aid & CPR - Friday, June 19 (8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
- Staff Training - Saturday, June 20 (8:30 am) thru Saturday, June 21 (5:00 pm)
- Staff Training - Friday, June 30 (Noon) thru Wednesday, July 2 (11:00 am)
- Cub Scout Resident Camp and Family Camp - Wednesday, June 2 (1:00 pm) to Saturday, July 5, (10:00 am)
- Boy Scout Week 1 - Sunday, July 6 (11:30 am) thru Saturday, July 12 (10:30 am)
- Campers arrive Sunday at 1:30 pm
- Boy Scout Week 2 - Monday, July 14 thru Saturday, July 19 (2:30 pm)
- Campers arrive Monday at 8:30 am
To apply for staff, download and complete this application. Mail to Ron Walsh, c/o Rancho Alegre, 2680 Highway 154, Santa Barbara, CA 93105. Please use ink and be neat in your application process.