Click on the above logo to visit the National Jamboree website
Local Information and Contacts
Los Padres Council 2017 National Jamboree Fact Sheet
- The 2017 National Jamboree will be held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in the mountains of West Virginia during the week of July 19-28, 2017.
- The Los Padres Council intends to send a contingent consisting of one, 36-Scout troop and one, 8-person Venture patrol.
- Details are still being finalized, but the Jamboree experience for our group will include a tour prior to the Jamboree that will probably begin in the Philadelphia area and include governmental and historical sites in the Washington, DC and northern Virginia region.
- The approximate cost will be $3500. This cost includes round trip air transportation, the tour, Jamboree fees, meals, and troop equipment.
- Scouts and leaders who are interested in applying should register on the following website: http://www.summitbsa.org/events/jamboree/overview/.
- Leader interviews will be conducted in March and we plan to select all Scout applicants who have applied thus far by the end of March.
- Additional questions concerning the Jamboree can be addressed to Scott Oldenburg, our council program director at email@example.com or at 805-686-5167.
- Those who apply for the Jamboree will be expected to submit a $250 deposit prior to being interviewed. This deposit is fully refundable if the applicant is not chosen for a position with our contingent.